Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry, and more!

B-MoD-Photos-Front Sight.jpeg

Click a date to sign up



  • This is our introductory handgun course.

  • Satisfies training requirements for the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons License (or standard CWL if you prefer).

  • Minimum duration is eight hours, as required by law.

  • Students must fire at least 98 rounds to complete the course, as required by law.

  • Topics and skills:

    • Safe handling of firearms in general and basic use of handguns in particular

    • Principles of awareness, personal security, and defense of self and loved ones

    • Idaho law pertaining to defensive use of firearms and deadly force

    • Questions to ask before traveling with firearms both in and out of Idaho

    • The importance of having a personalized defense plan that complements your morals, religious considerations, beliefs, abilities, and limitations

    • How to avoid a fight; how to win a fight if you can't avoid it; fight aftermath

  • Venues: Classroom is HERE.  Range varies by season and availability.

WHAT TO BRING: (This section lists only course-specific gear.  See our FAQs for other required and recommended items.)

  • Your handgun--either a revolver or modern semi-automatic, in good working order

    • Please make sure your firearm is unloaded, and bring it to class in a case or "gun rug"--NOT in your bare hands!
  • At least one magazine for your semi-automatic handgun.  Revolver users may bring a speed-loader if they wish.

  • At least 100 rounds of factory new ammunition​.  FOR SAFETY REASONS, WE DO NOT PERMIT USE OF RE-LOADED OR HAND-LOADED AMMUNITION.

  • Approximately $10-20 for range fees, payable directly to the range, when applicable.

  • At least three dummy rounds (aka, "snap caps") for your firearm's chambering.  DUMMY ROUNDS MUST BE READILY DISTINGUISHABLE FROM LIVE AMMUNITION.


  • Idaho residents: our instructor credentials are sufficient state-wide, but the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons License is administered at the county level.  If you train with Ministry of Defense and reside in a county other than Ada or Canyon, let us know; we will make sure our credentials are on file in your county when you arrive with your application.

  • Non-residents of Idaho: you are eligible to train and apply for an Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons License if you have a current concealed weapons permit from the same state that issued your current driver's license.  For example, if you have a current Oregon drivers license and a current Oregon concealed weapons permit, Idaho will issue your IECWL on completion of your training and application.  Be aware that you will need to appear in-person at an Idaho county seat on at least two separate instances--once to submit your application and fingerprints, and once to pick up your IECWL.

  • Please note that Ministry of Defense does not issue concealed weapons licenses!  We provide training, and documentation stating that you have completed the training.  You will then present the documentation, along with your application and any required fees, to the appropriate office (usually the Sheriff department) in your home county.

  • Ministry of Defense makes no guarantee with respect to when or whether any student will be issued an IECWL.  We do not offer refund or any other remedy whatsoever in the event that you decline to submit your application, or in the event that your application is denied.  The student is responsible for any and all fees that their county may require as part of the application process.

  • Range fees, when applicable, are to be paid by the student directly to the range staff.

  • You are ineligible to obtain an IECWL if you answer any question on the application inappropriately.  See the application HERE.  (Applications will be provided by your instructor at class time.)

  • For medical reasons, we regrettably decline to invite or allow pregnant women to participate in our live-fire activities.  If you are pregnant and wish to take this class, please do!  But kindly allow us to find a time outside of your pregnancy to help you complete the live-fire requirements at no additional charge.